For people traveling internationally, Florida Blue has GeoBlue plans that offer timely cashless access to an international network of carefully selected doctors and hospitals. GeoBlue helps members avoid health and security hazards when traveling abroad—and comes in two forms:
- GeoBlue Navigator for Student covers inbound and outbound travel: It’s for American students and faculty traveling abroad and international students and faculty living in the U.S.
- GeoBlue Voyager covers outbound travel only: It’s for American students and faculty as well as Americans leaving the U.S. for leisure, missionary or business travel.
Both plans provide an array of international medical assistance services and information, accessible by mobile devices—a feature that traditional domestic health insurance plans do not offer.
GeoBlue plans include the following services:
- Appointment scheduling with contracted international doctors and facilities with no out-of-pocket costs
- Outpatient care coordination, especially for chronic conditions and special needs
- Inpatient case management and emergency evacuation
- Online and mobile global tools to find carefully selected providers, find brand name medications equivalents, translate key medical terms and phrases and confirm eligibility for benefits as well as play a precise translation in the world’s most widely spoken languages
GeoBlue Navigator benefits include:
- worldwide medical coverage built for students and faculty in the U.S. and abroad
- a range of deductibles and rates to choose from
- unlimited annual and lifetime medical maximum
- deductible waived for office visits and doctors
- no waiting period or sublimit for preventive services
- no-precertification penalty for inpatient or outpatient care
- pre-existing conditions covered with creditable coverage (prior HTH Student Plans qualify)
- coverage for injuries related to sports and terrorism
- access to elite providers in over 180 countries outside the US.
GeoBlue Voyager benefits include:
- Ideal for international leisure, educational , missionary or business travel
- a range of medical limits and deductibles to choose from
- up to $1,000,000 in medical coverage
- medical evacuation, mental health, RX and AD&D
- no precertification penalty for inpatient or outpatient care
- coverage for injuries related to terrorism
- access to elite providers in over 180 countries outside the U.S.
- coverage is available for pre-existing conditions when insured with a primary health plan
- Travel reimbursement services – see below
GeoBlue Voyager Travel Reimbursement Services
In addition to the above listed coverage, all participants covered by GeoBlue Voyager are enrolled in the Global Citizens Associations whose members are entitled (subject to submission of the proper documentation) to a total of a $500 allowance, and limited to $100 per incident, to cover costs associated with each of the following incidents:
- Re-issuing a lost passport
- Re-issuing a lost airline ticket
- Replacing a lost piece of luggage that has not been returned (limited to $100 per piece of luggage) while on your covered trip. This does not include luggage that was temporarily delayed or lost and later recovered.
All participants are eligible for an additional allowance up to $500 if, post departure, your trip is shortened or interrupted for medical reasons, a terrorist event or an imminent threat* to personal safety. In that event, a participant will be reimbursed for the cost of changing an airline ticket or ground transportation ticket of the same class as the unused travel ticket to return home in an amount up to $500 (subject to submission of the proper documentation such as a medical report).
* Threat must be documented by U.S. State Department travel warning that is issued during your trip.
GeoBlue brochures and GeoBlue individual products are available online and are distributed and serviced by Worldwide Insurance Services, an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. GeoBlue products are made available in cooperation with local Blue Cross and Blue Shield companies.